Many people suffer from back pain. Matter of fact, most people you know suffer from back pain. It is one of the most common reasons for missed work.
The alarming statistics shed light on to the fact that we need to employ better strategies at combating back pain. Rather than focus on creating new treatments for back pain, it is more beneficial if each individual would take some simple measures to protect their back and spine.
I will list the top five ways to reduce and prevent back pain.
1. Stretch every day at least two times. You don’t need to stretch for house, just enough to stretch the major muscle groups each a minimum of sixty seconds.
2. Use proper ergonomics to eliminate daily repetitive stresses being placed on the spine and back. Evaluate lifting techniques, car seat settings, and any other activity you do on a regular basis.
3. Proper nutrition is also very critical for the cells that heal and repair on an ongoing basis. Drink 64 ounces of water, eat a minimum of half of your body weight in grams of protein and eliminate inflammatory foods like refined, processed foods, and sugars. Diets are more important than most people think.
4. Regular cardiovascular activity also helps the muscles and joins move better. Moderate exercise that does not increase stress on the joints in recommended. Thirty minute sessions three to five times per week is best. Make sure you are comfortable doing the exercise and select types of cardio you feel best doing.
5. Get a spinal check up to identify problems before you have symptoms. Just like you would get your teeth checked to prevent cavities for progressing, you also want to get your spine checked. Problems begin long before the symptoms occur.
Take time to implement these simple instructions. The Synergy Institute can help you with a stretching program and nutritional advice. You can also come in for a FREE consultation to learn more about having a spinal check up.
Call Our Convenient Location to Get Back Pain Relief.